Yesterday’s post provided a list of activities to help get your website found in local search results. One of the activities mentioned included claiming your business through the various local search options available. Google have gone one step further and are now offering you the opportunity of submitting your property to Google Street View.
There millions of businesses around the world that are already included in street view – that still leaves billions not on display. What about your business? Does Google include photos of your business? If not – why not submit and have Google fast track it for you. According to Google, the benefits include:
- Build your global audience and encourage visitors via the #1 mapping site in the world.
- Add Street View of your location to your website using our API.
- Show off your property to users who might otherwise not be able to visit you
- It’s free! Just pick a time for Google to collect the imagery.
Why would you do it? There are a number of reasons but to me the most telling is the traffic that you may generate – and this is often buying traffic. Street View is now available through Google Maps, Google Earth, and Google Maps for Mobile. The latter is the most important into the future as hand held devices such as mobile phones star to dominate. If a user can see your property on their mobile phone, they are going to be able to find you much easier than just following street directions.
- Why A Search Engine Googopoly Is Bad For The Internet
- Blogging For The Sake Of Blogging Is Not Blogging
- How To Create An Effective Social Marketing Tweet
- Internal Linking – Don’t Be Afraid Of The Long Tail
- Adding Your Scotland Based Local Business To AOL
- Don’t Be Too Quick To Dismiss Google Buzz
- Are Guest Posts A Bad Link Building Strategy?
- Can You Overdo SEO?
- Review Sites And SEO For Scotland Local Businesses
- What Effect Will HTML5 Have On Web Design And SEO